See all pages in this section

You can...

Add to favourites

Langley Mill Academy

We are an 'enhanced resource' school with places for children who have moderate to severe/profound hearing loss. Pupils are usually referred to us by the Pre-School Support Service.

We offer a school that aims to remove barriers to learning. We work closely with feeder schools to identify needs early. Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator has dedicated time each week to work with staff to provide for all needs. Our full time Learning Mentor works closely with families of children with SEND to ensure that appropriate provision is made.

We work closely with the following agencies: County Behaviour Support Service, Autism Outreach, Support Services for : Deaf and Hearing and Hearing Impaired, Visually Impaired, Physically Impaired, Support Service for Special Educational Needs and health services.

We provide for all types of SEN in a mainstream setting. This year we have supported students with: ADHD, Autism, Hearing Impairment, Physical Impairment, Visual Impairment and significant health needs.

We have a Nurture Group which is open at break, lunchtime and during the afternoon. In this facility we work with children with a variety of behavioural, social and emotional needs.

Address details Bailey Brook Crescent Langley Mill Derbyshire NG16 4FZ
Telephone 01773 712694 Website address

Age groups

7 years To 11 years

This provider is open during:
Term Time

Additional cost or availability information

Schools must publish information about their policies for pupils with SEN in an SEN Information Report. You can find the report on the school's website

Additional Needs area of experience

The provider has indicated that they have experience and/or training in the following additional need. Please contact them for more information.

Hearing impairment,

Normal area map

The normal area of a school is the geographic area which it serves and the school area you fall into is based on your permanent home address. Most Derbyshire schools serve a specific area but in some cases you might live in an area for more than one school. You can find more information about your normal area school on the Derbyshire County Council website.

Providers can update their information in the provider portal.