View our new Local Offer BETA site (opens in a new window) and let us know what you think. email:


Who can young people talk to?

Sometimes you need to talk to another person to find out what support is out there, and to help you get the support you need. There are a number of ways to do this.

People who know you well

The first step may be to talk to someone who knows you well. This could be your school or college teacher, school nurse or doctor. 

Derbyshire Children's Rights and Advocacy Service

An impartial advice and support service for young people, up to the age of 25, including the provision of independent advocates to support young people in having a say in their future.

Tel: 01629 532029

Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND (formerly Parent Partnership Service)

Derbyshire Information, Advice and Support Service for SEND (opens in a new window) is a free, impartial service which provides support, guidance and information to young people who have special educational needs and disabilities.

Tel: 01629 533668


Derbyshire's YOUTHINC (opens in a new window) is a dedicated site for young people to find out facts, information and advice about the issues facing them.

Young people can find out who they can talk to on a range of issues, including staying safe, smoking, sex, bullying and relationships.

You will also find information about things to do, how you can have your say and get involved, transport and education issues.

You can have a general chat to the YOUTHINC team and will find YOUTHINc on Facebook (opens in a new window) and YOUTHINC on Twitter (opens in a new window) or email:

If you'd like some information about a more personal problem or you'd like to make an appointment to see someone fill in the online form (opens in a new window) and the team will make sure the right person gets back to you.

Umbrella Independent Support Service

Umbrella Independent Support Services (opens in a new window) will provide support for young people to help them through the assessment or transfer process for an Education Health and Care Plan.

The support provided will be impartial and time-limited which will help young people to:

  • contribute to assessments and take an active part in the decision-making process
  • access support from a wide variety of external services
  • understand the SEND reforms and the new EHC process
  • understand the processes for resolving disputes, attending mediation and the routes to appeals and complaints.

Tel: 01332 785658

Multi-agency teams

Multi-agency teams include workers from a range of different backgrounds who can help children, young people and families to overcome difficult situations. They offer information, advice and support. You can search to find your local multi-agency team.

Call Derbyshire

If you can't find the information you're looking for, or need help to know which services could meet your needs, you can contact an adviser at Call Derbyshire.

Tel: 01629 533190
Text: 86555
Minicom: 01629 533240