View our new Local Offer BETA site (opens in a new window) and let us know what you think. email:


Emergency and urgent care

The NHS Choices website has information about the different sorts of urgent and emergency care on offer in England and when it is appropriate to access them.

NHS Choices (opens in a new window) also has a search which will direct you to the services you need nearby.

You should tel: 999 if you or your child is seriously ill, injured or their life is at risk. If you're deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment the emergencySMS service (opens in a new window) allows people to send a text message to emergency services. Register your mobile with the emergencySMS service (opens in a new window)

You should use the NHS 111 service (tel: 111) if you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency. Textphone users can tel: 18001 111. Foreign language translation is available.

There are a variety of emergency and urgent care providers across Derbyshire, such as accident and emergency departments and several minor injuries units. Not every hospital has an accident and emergency department.