View our new Local Offer BETA site (opens in a new window) and let us know what you think. email:


Short break services for disabled children

Disabled children and young people want to enjoy doing a range of activities with their friends and families.

We have a duty to provide short break services. For more information speak to someone who is already involved with your child like a therapist, special educational needs coordinator, nurse or social care worker.

We'll discuss with you the type of short break that will best meet your child's needs and agree how it will be provided - this is called an assessment.

If you don't receive a service at the moment you can contact Call Derbyshire tel: 01629 533190.

What if I need more support?

There are different levels of support as families needs change. We can provide short break services to children and young people who have complex needs, including overnight stays, following a comprehensive assessment.